Passion Flower – food supplement
- Antioxidant compounds may help support the nervous system
- Gentle anti-anxiety and mildly sedative effects
- Helps the body wind down and prepare for sleep
- My help relieve hot flushes for women experiencing menopause symptoms, and consequently help with sleep
- Studies show that extract of Passion Flower can help to reduce high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Our Passion Flower is certified Organic
- Presented in convenient tincture form for measured dosage
This exotic purple and white flower is native to the Americas. Indeed the name passion flower was coined in the 15th century by Spanish missionaries in Peru, who saw the flower as a symbol of the crucifixion. Each part of the flower holds symbolic meaning in recognition of the crucifixion story, the Passion of the Christ.
As well as being highly decorative, passiflora is widely known for its traditional therapeutic benefits. Passion flowers contain many potent chemicals, including a host of alkaloids and flavonoids. Due to their powerfully antioxidant compounds (one in particular, quercetin, which has been extensively studied) passiflora has been found to be effective in fighting free radical molecules and inhibiting various enzymes that may cause inflammation.
Directions for use:
Take 25 drops (1ml) daily in water or juice
Avoid during pregnancy or if breastfeeding
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store at room temperature 25°C.
Other ingredients: Alcohol 65%, Purified water