Organic Psyllium husks fiber 130g – food supplement
- Can be used as a one-off treatment to ease constipation or added routinely to the diet to help promote regularity and digestive health
- May help manage and calm common chronic conditions of the gut, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Popular with weight watchers. Absorbs liquid in the gut, so can help create a feeling of being full.
- Supports good bacteria in the digestive system – essential for healthy immunity
- Studies have shown that fibre like Psyllium taken as part of a healthy diet can positively affect the heart by lowering blood pressure and improving lipid levels
- Certified organic
Psyllium is a form of fibre made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant’s seeds. It sometimes goes by the name ispaghula. It’s most commonly known to have laxative effects, however research shows that taking psyllium could also benefit the heart and pancreas.
Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative, which means it soaks up water in the gut and eases bowel movements. A popular supplement, it’s known to promote regularity without increasing flatulence. It can be used as a one-off treatment to ease constipation or added routinely to the diet to help promote overall digestive health.
Besides keeping bowel movements regular, Psyllium may help to manage and calm common chronic conditions of the gut, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It may also help with weight management. Because it absorbs liquid in your body, it can help give a feeling of being full.
Psyllium is a prebiotic, a substance needed to facilitate healthy colonies of probiotics to grow in the gut. A healthy colony of good bacteria in the digestive system is essential for immune function and helps to fight infection and reduce inflammation.
Research has also shown that taking soluble fibre can help manage cholesterol levels. Numerous studies have shown that fibre like Psyllium, taken as part of a healthy diet, can positively affect the heart by lowering blood pressure, improving lipid levels and strengthening heart muscle.
Free from: Sugar, Gluten, Dairy, Soya, Fish, Salt, Artificial Colours, Preservatives & Flavourings.
Directions for use:
As a food supplement for adults, 1 tablespoon in 250ml of water or juice, stir until mixed and drink immediately.
Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
If pregnant or nursing, please consult your health care practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children. Store at room temperature 25°C.
Other ingredients: None